Registration and Abstract Submission
Abstract submission is closed.
Registration will go through the SWS website, link below.
Questions about registration or abstracts? Email Zack Darnell
Student Member (GERS or SWS) $55
Student Non-Member $75
Regular Member (GERS or SWS) $75
Regular Non-Member $95
Late Registration (after October 8, 2016) +$30
To avoid late fee, register by Thursday, October 13, 2016
Instructions for registering on the SWS website
1. Login and register using your SWS email and password. Your member discount will be applied
1. Fill out New Visitor Registration Form and create a password
2. You should be taken directed to the Event Registration Wizard (or you may login with your email and password)
3. In Event Registration Wizard: Select your registration category (Student/non-Student)
4. GERS members (who are not SWS members): Enter the discount code 2016GERS-GERSMEMB at the final stage of registration
The abstract submission deadline was on Thursday, September 15, 2016. You can still help us by judging student presentations!
Student Travel Awards
Travel awards will be offered to students (graduate and undergraduate) to help defray the costs associated with travel and participation in the GERS-SWS meeting.
To be eligible for a student travel award, you must be:
1) A current GERS or SWS member
2) A current graduate or undergraduate student
3) Submit an abstract by Thursday, September 15, 2016. Submit your abstract here.
To apply, you must submit:
1) A picture of you doing your research for use in publicity.
2) A copy of your submitted abstract.
3) A short letter from your adviser confirming student status and funding need.
4) Specify the society/chapter (GERS, SWS-SCC, SWS-SAC) to which you belong.
5) Submit all materials electronically by Tuesday, September 20
You will be notified of the status of your application by Friday, September 30.
If you would like to contribute to the GERS Student Travel Fund, please see our sponsorship page here.